Regular shopping hours in Amsterdam
Shops in Amsterdam set their own opening hours, but in general most will be open from 10:00 and until 20:00. Here are some other guidelines that might be helpful.
- Monday: 11:00-18:00 (shops open later than usual)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday: 10:00-18:00. Many shops stay open later.
- Thursday: 10:00-21:00 (late-night shopping)
- Sunday: 12:00-18:00 (This primarily applies to the shops on and near the Nieuwendijk and Kalverstraat area and 9 Straatjes. In some of the other shopping streets, you may find that only a selection of the shops are open on Sundays).
Christmas and public holiday opening hours
Some shops have limited opening times on public holidays but many of the shops (especially outside the centre) will be closed for the day, so have a look at the Dutch public holiday calendar when planning your next shopping trip. There are a few notable days where all stores are closed by 19:00, and these are:
- March 30: Good Friday
- May 4: Remembrance of the Dead
- December 24: Christmas Eve