Things to do with kids in Amsterdam
A little while back, the UK’s ‘National Trust’ launched a brilliant initiative to inspire children to spend more time outdoors. Called ’50 Things to do before you’re 11 ¾’, it’s packed full of fantastic inspiration to get kids outside and active. Here's our roundup of the 50 things every child should get out and do in Amsterdam before their 12th birthday.
16. Sledge down the roof of the Albert Heijn at Museumplein
20. Build a den in the Wood Cabin Village at Jeugdland
24. Sit in the bucket of a ‘bakfiets’
27. Take the ferry over to Noord
29. Become a certified Freshwater Pirate on the Blue Boat Canal Tour
30. Captain the plane on the Schiphol Panorama Terrace
Play at being a tourist
34. Dance along to a traditional Amsterdam barrel organ known as a ‘draaiorgel’
36. Run through the water feature at the Museumplein.
38. Learn to juggle, unicycle or brave the trapeze by brushing up on your circus skills with Circus Elleboog
43. Make a movie, join an open mic singing contest or perfect your hip hop dance skills at the Junior Uitmarkt
45. Make a meal for your family at the Kinderkookcafe
46. Have hagelslag for breakfast
48. Try 10 types of ‘drop’ at Jamin
50. Enjoy a Hollandse Nieuwe Haring in Springtime.