Mozes en Aäronkerk
The Church of Saint Anthony of Padua, better known as the Mozes en Aäronkerk, arose in the period 1837-1841 on the spot where a hidden church stood. The monumental church already served as a Roman Catholic place of worship at the time. The old facade figurines of Moses and Aaron are located in the rear facade of the current church (Jodenbreestraat).
Impressive church on the Waterlooplein
The Moses and Aaron Church has been managed and used by the Community of Sant'Egidio since 2014. For years, the church building had limited access, no church services were held, so that the beautiful church interior was hidden from the eye of the city.
Sant'Egidio sees it as its mission to return the church to the city as a cultural and historical heritage. To this end, it regularly opens the church to the public and organizes various social and cultural projects with the help of many volunteers.