De Blauwe Parade has a long history: on 5 September 1870, the Hulscher brothers opened their pub Die Port van Cleve, today a hotel, in the building and bottled and sold Heineken beer as well as wines, port, sherry and cognac. Today, the bar still serves local beers – including Heineken – jenever and local liqueurs in combination with tasty traditional Dutch snacks. The bar also offers jenever tastings.
Delft Blue mural
Besides shiny beer taps, De Blauwe Parade has another sight to offer: a mural from original Delft Blue tiles, made by the Porceleyne Fles in 1887 and the largest of its kind in the world. It has recently gone extensive restoration to bring it back to its former glory.