Historic house with floating cellarVisitors can learn about Edam’s history, from its shipbuilding tradition to its architecture, notable families and daily life in the past. Moreover, the merchant’s house is a sight in itself. When you enter, you feel like you’ve stepped into the Golden Age. Much of the décor looks exactly as it did in the 17th century, complete with a magnificent collection of authentic furnishings. The building is also famous for a cellar that floats on groundwater.
How to reserve a ticket for the exhibitionDue to the Corona virus measures, every visitor must reserve a ticket for a specific date and time slot. Furthermore, due to the obligatory social distancing of 1.5 m, the number of visitors is strictly limited: No more than 6 visitors at the same time in the museum, means that you will have the best possible experience of our magnificent exhibition!
Send an email to request a visit. We need the following information:
1) Your name
2) Your telephone number and postcode,
3) The number of visitors and what kind of ticket each visitor needs
4) When – the date and time slot – you want to visit the museum
The exhibition is open at the following times
• Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon, starting onFriday 3rd July
• Between 14:00 and 17:00 with the following 20 minute timeslots:
13:00, 13:20, 13:40
14:00, 14:20, 14:40
15:00, 15:20. 15:40
The usual ticket prices apply (see below)
• The reservation is only valid after you have received a confirmation from us.
• All visitors must confirm that they do not have any symptoms related to the corona virus when they arrive at the museum.
• For the safety of each visitor and our hosts, we have also implemented a number of other measures which are summarised here and displayed in the museum.