Cycle route highlights:
Molen de Veer
The Veerpolder mill used to drain the Veerpolder on Rhineland soil since 1701. The original mill was destroyed in a fire and rebuilt in 1998.
Haarlem offers lots to explore. To start, the Teylers Museum focuses on art and science. It is full of fossils, drawings, paintings and minerals. Of course, a visit to the Grote Markt is also a must before admiring the Haarlem City Hall, one of the oldest in the country, dating back to 1370. You can always take a guided tour of the imposing Sint-Baafskerk church too, built in 1520.
Rent a bike
- MacBike Central Station North, de Ruijterkade 34B, 1012AA Amsterdam;
- MacBike Oosterdok, Oosterdokskade 63A, 1011DL Amsterdam;
- Amsterdam Bike Rent, IJdock 47, 1013MM Amsterdam;
- Bikeshop West: Jan Evertsenstraat 337, 1061XT Amsterdam;
- De Fietskamer: Kleine houtweg 5, 2012CA Haarlem.