Get professional help finding a job in Amsterdam
Between job search engines and personal networking, there’s a lot you can do to find a new position on your own. However, contacting a recruitment agency is still a good idea, as they help fill many vacancies at local companies. They’re often the first to know about new roles and can put you in touch with the right people and provide insider advice to help you prepare for an interview. Finding work in Amsterdam – helpful tips
Finding work in Amsterdam – helpful tips
Larger employment agencies in Amsterdam tend to cover multiple industries, but smaller agencies often specialise in something like finance, tech or engineering, so don’t overlook them.
While submitting a CV or creating a profile can often be done online, don't forget to reach out. Calling or visiting an agency’s office can help you make a good impression while letting the team know what you’re looking for in your next role.
Golden rules for applications via recruitment agencies
Here are some golden rules to remember once you make the decision to work with a job agency:
Make sure you have an up-to-date CV in English which fully reflects your skills, education, work experience and personal profile. Try to keep it as succinct and relevant as possible.
Always include a cover letter with your job application and customise it for each role, explaining why you’d be a great match for the opening.
Follow up if you haven't heard back within three to five days.
Stay flexible and be ready to attend interviews as opportunities emerge, but try to remain patient while your agent searches for the right job.
Keep your agent informed of any personal developments which might affect the work they are doing on your behalf.
IN Amsterdam partners
Follow this link for a list of all IN Amsterdam partners, including recruitment agencies.
Other recruitment agencies
- Hays: As one of the largest recruitment specialists in the world, Hays places qualified candidates in permanent, temporary and contract roles across numerous industries.
- Michael Page International: Global recruiters for interim and permanent roles in finance, banking and financial services, consultancy and project management, sales and marketing, IT, legal, tax, engineering and manufacturing, HR, procurement and supply chain and healthcare and life sciences.
- MJ People: Specialised in the recruitment of hospitality professionals at the management and executive level. Having worked in the industry for years themselves, they have extensive knowledge of the market and are able to offer personal service.
- Page Personnel: Specialists in recruitment and interim solutions for starters, middle management and operational vacancies in finance and accounting, secretarial and management support, sales and marketing and sales administration and supply chain.
- Randstad Multilingual Recruitment: Specialises in the recruitment of multilingual candidates for a variety of roles and industries.
- Undutchables: Pioneers in the recruitment of international business sector personnel in the Netherlands.
- Unique Multilingual Amsterdam: Recruiters of professional staff with diverse language skills, they specialise in administrative, commercial, financial and secretarial roles.
- Walters People: Specialists in the recruitment of temporary and permanent financial positions and business support roles in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht.