Make an appointment: individuals
International newcomers in the Amsterdam Area who are EU citizens or highly skilled migrants can use IN Amsterdam for municipal registration. Request an appointment below.
In order to use IN Amsterdam for municipal registration you will need to first complete the below form to request an appointment. After you have completed the form please call IN Amsterdam at +31 (0)20 254 7999 to schedule a date and time for the appointment.
EU employees or highly skilled migrants who work for a company that is officially recognised as a sponsor by the IND. Employees or the company they work for must also have an address in Amsterdam, Amstelveen, Haarlem, Haarlemmermeer, Almere, Hilversum, Diemen or Velsen.
Before making an appointment, please ensure you are healthy and not experiencing any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms. If you have travelled to the Netherlands from certain countries and regions, you may be required to self-quarantine upon arrival. Check our visiting guidelines for more information.
Required documents for registration (for each individual):
- valid identification (passport or identity card)
- a rental / tenancy agreement or home purchase agreement (if lodging with someone: a copy of the identity document of the main occupant and a declaration stating his or her permission for the new tenant to live there)
- employment agreement (only for EU citizens who would like to receive a sticker from the IND in their passport)
- birth certificate (must be presented within 3 months of the appointment at your local city district office)
- marriage certificate (if applicable, must be presented within 3 months of the appointment at your local city district office)
- partners and/or children accompanying the applicant can also register at IN Amsterdam
Note: you are only able to register with the municipality if you are staying in the Netherlands for four months or longer.
You will find our most required downloadable forms required for various procedures through the link.
In order to make a registration appointment for you, your personal data will be recorded in the registration system of IN Amsterdam, a division of the City of Amsterdam (Gemeente Amsterdam). The purpose of this data processing is to make an appointment with the right people for the right procedures at the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) and the municipality. Your data will not be transferred to third parties. The City of Amsterdam will process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Read more about how your personal data is processed by visiting IN Amsterdam - Processing of personal data and find more information at www.amsterdam.nl/privacy.
If you have any questions about how your personal data is processed, please contact the Data Protection Officer by emailing Functionaris.Gegevensbescherming@amsterdam.nl.
If you are an intermediary (relocation agent, immigration lawyer, tax advisor, company contact, etc.) you will need to use a different form. Click here for the correct form for intermediaries.