Essential Amsterdam heritageOffering an unparalleled opportunity to explore the history of the city, documents kept at the Stadsarchief include a huge range of official papers, letters and even early audio material. Just a few highlights of the impressive Amsterdam Treasures collection include:
- The report of the theft of Anne Frank’s bicycle in 1942, also mentioned in her diary
- A 1976 portrait of Dutch entrepreneur Freddy Heineken
- Johan Cruijff’s pupil registration card from 1947
- The Westerkerk burial register, recording the burial of Rembrandt van Rijn on 8 October 1669
- A letter from Charles Darwin to Artis Royal Zoo from 1868.