EU employees or highly skilled migrants who work for a company that is officially recognised as a sponsor by the IND. Employees or the company they work for must also have an address in Amsterdam, Amstelveen, Haarlem, Haarlemmermeer, Almere, Hilversum, Diemen or Velsen.
Required documents for registration (for each individual):
- valid identification (passport or identity card)
- a rental / tenancy agreement or home purchase agreement (if lodging with someone: a copy of the identity document of the main occupant and a declaration stating his or her permission for the new tenant to live there)
- employment agreement (only for EU citizens who would like to receive a sticker from the IND in their passport)
- birth certificate (must be presented within 3 months of the appointment at your local city district office)
- marriage certificate (if applicable, must be presented within 3 months of the appointment at your local city district office)
- partners and/or children accompanying the applicant can also register at IN Amsterdam.
Please note that service fees may apply and that payment in cash is not possible. Note: you are only able to register with the municipality if you are staying in the Netherlands for four months or longer.
As of 8 May 2017, the IN Amsterdam office can be found at a new location on the ground floor of the I-Tower of the World Trade Center at Strawinskylaan 1767.
If you are an intermediary (relocation agent, immigration lawyer, tax advisor, company contact, etc.) you will need to use a different form. Click here for the correct form for intermediaries.