EU employees or highly skilled migrants who work for a company that is officially recognised as a sponsor by the IND. Employees or the company they work for must also have an address in Amsterdam, Amstelveen, Haarlem, Haarlemmermeer, Almere, Hilversum, Diemen or Velsen.
Required documents for registration (for each individual):
- valid identification (passport or identity card)
- a rental / tenancy agreement or home purchase agreement (if lodging with someone: a copy of the identity document of the main occupant and a declaration stating his or her permission for the new tenant to live there)
- employment agreement (only for EU citizens who would like to receive a sticker from the IND in their passport)
- birth certificate (must be presented within 3 months of the appointment at your local city district office)
- marriage certificate (if applicable, must be presented within 3 months of the appointment at your local city district office)
- partners and/or children accompanying the applicant can also register at IN Amsterdam.
Please note that service fees may apply and that payment in cash is not possible. Note: you are only able to register with the municipality if you are staying in the Netherlands for four months or longer.
As of 8 May 2017, the IN Amsterdam office can be found at a new location on the ground floor of the I-Tower of the World Trade Center at Strawinskylaan 1767.
In order to make a registration appointment for you, your personal data will be recorded in the registration system of IN Amsterdam, a division of the City of Amsterdam (Gemeente Amsterdam). The purpose of this data processing is to make an appointment with the right people for the right procedures at the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) and the municipality. Your data will not be transferred to third parties. The City of Amsterdam will process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Read more about how your personal data is processed by visiting IN Amsterdam - Processing of personal data and find more information at www.amsterdam.nl/privacy.
If you have any questions about how your personal data is processed, please contact the Data Protection Officer by emailing [email protected].
If you are an intermediary (relocation agent, immigration lawyer, tax advisor, company contact, etc.) you will need to use a different form. Click here for the correct form for intermediaries.