How to create a new tag
Tags are found here: /sitecore/content/Home/Search Results/TagRepository
- Create a new tag, name all together, no spaces. We call this the technical name. This is the name that comes up / you search for when adding a tag to a page.
- Title - all lower case (even 'amsterdam'). This is the name you see on the front-end.
- Text - description of the tag goes in the Text field, not Introduction.
- Background Image - add one.
- Menu title - same as Title, also all lowercase!
- Meta Title - same as Title, but capitalised as usual.
- Meta Description - same as Text.
- Publish the tag.
- Add the tag to the Tag spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SZZNs69IY17wkVHcdw56Hgcs59ZSkSHDGy2A9X5-XKA/edit#gid=396785713
Why do we use tags?
Proper tagging of all pages is essential. We use tags to populate List Pages. If a page or NDTRC item is not properly tagged, they would be missed on a List Page overview. Tags also show in the default filter on a List Page. Manual filters based on tags can also be made using the Searchgenres tool.
Furthermore, tags are used to create Recent Articlelists, Related Articles Widgets, and most importantly, the Related Cards Widget which is set to pull in related items by default, based on the tags used on that page. Thus, if an Editorial (Full Width) Article page or News Page doesn't have tags, the default Related Cards Widget at the bottom will not populate. See example at end of this page.