1092 AD AMSTERDAM
Amsterdam by train
Travelling to and from and around Amsterdam by train is simple and quick. Learn more about tickets and travel here. The city has nine train stations. But where is the best place to go to get to your destination?
- Amsterdam Central Station: 10 minutes walking distance from the Dam and Nieuwmarkt.
- Behind Central Station: Take the free ferries to Amsterdam Noord (Amsterdam North).
Amsterdam-Oost (Amsterdam East) and Watergraafsmeer
- Amsterdam Muiderpoort Station: get off here for Amsterdam-Oost (Amsterdam East) and the Dappermarkt.
- Amsterdam Amstel Station: this station is located next to the Rembrandttoren. The Amstel river is a 10-minute walk away.
Amsterdam-West (Amsterdam West)
- Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station: 5 minutes by tram/bus to the Bos en Lommer district.
- Amsterdam Lelylaan Station: get off here for Amsterdam West and Slotervaart/Overtoomse Veld districts.
Amsterdam-Zuid (Amsterdam South)
- Amsterdam RAI Station: get off here for the RAI Convention Centre and the Rivierenbuurt.
- Amsterdam Zuid Station: get off here for the World Trade Center and Buitenveldert.
Amsterdam Zuid-Oost (Amsterdam Southeast)
- Duivendrecht Station: get off here for the north entrance to Amsterdam ArenA.
- Amsterdam Bijlmer Station: get off here for the south entrance to Amsterdam ArenA, Heineken Music Hall, Woonmall Villa Arena and Amsterdamse Poort shopping centre.