De Lichtfabriek was built between 1898 and 1904 in neo-classical style with durable materials and beautiful details. The building was part of the building on the Spaarne where electricity and gas were produced. In the now cozy Oliehuis, for example, the transformers were filled with fresh cool oil and in the monumental Turbine Hall the turbines were running that supplied Haarlem with electricity and light.
De Lichtfabriek has become an established name in the dance scene. With the appearance of an abandoned factory with a varying capacity of 100 to 1200 guests.