Privacy Statement: Challenges, Competitions and Entrepreneurial Programmes
The City collects and uses different types of personal data from its residents. It depends on the specific type which personal data will be processed exactly and for what purpose. These and other relevant information are shown below.
The City of Amsterdam organises various competitions, challenges, and entrepreneurial programmes to stimulate and strengthen entrepreneurship. Within these competitions, challenges, and entrepreneurial programmes, businesses are also challenged to develop or propose solutions for societal challenges. Personal and company data are collected in the context of these challenges, competitions, and entrepreneurial programmes.
The City processes your data on the basis of the consent of the person concerned.
Categories of data we collect
The City may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. These are grouped together as follows:
- Contact and basic information of the company: name, address, telephone number, email address, website, social media channels, Chamber of Commerce number / VAT number / IBAN;
- Contact details and experience of submitter;
- Key data and key figures of the company: start date, branch of company, number of FTE, turnover;
- Company description and history;
- Open questions and multiple-choice questions arising from selection criteria such as:
- Ambition and future plans of the company;
- Approach, solution and/or contribution to policy objectives;
- Description of innovation;
- Business model;
- Description of cooperation & partners;
Recipients of data
In the context of the challenges, competitions, and entrepreneurial programmes, the City of Amsterdam exchanges data with (entrepreneurial) programme partners. For each challenge, competition, and entrepreneurial programme, the City provides insight into which organisations are involved and in what way they are involved. These partner organisations have access to your registration and the information provided, as they require this information for the purpose of their challenge, competition, or entrepreneurial programme.
No transfer, no profiling, no automated decision-making
The data will not be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA). No profiles are used. There is no automated decision-making.
The City will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. The City makes this transparent per challenge, competition and entrepreneurial programme, or as stipulated in the Archives Act, and makes this transparent per challenge, competition, or entrepreneurial programme.