Amsterdam Self Guided Tour (walk, bike & sailing)
Hop on and hop off your own bike to explore unique spaces and sail a part of the IJ river! North Amsterdam has become a not-to-miss part of the city. Therefore, a couple of born and raised 'Amsterdammers' developed this bicycle tour, a journey of discovery on your own Yellow Bike. We take you on a tour through a part of the city that is full of local boutiques, cutting edge museums, unique lunchrooms and artists residencies while at the same time having a rich history.
Start this self guided bike tour whenever you want
Yellow Bike has several tours through North Amsterdam, both guided and digital self guided. This information applies to the self guided city bike tour:
Your experience in Amsterdam:
- Two ferry rides across IJ river, a total of 20 minutes sailing with your hair in the wind;
- Visit multiple unique creative spaces and take as much time to stroll around as you prefer;
- Stand where Rembrandt once stood to portray the criminals of Amsterdam
- A stop at ADAM tower, take a change to get on Europe’s highest swing (entrance fee not included);
- A stop at the cutting edge EYE Film Museum (optional: entrance to this building is free, exhibitions are not included in this tour, main exhibition is free with the City Card);
- Many breathtaking views of the Amsterdam skyline;
- Visit the historic site of Amsterdam’s biggest bombing in World War II (a disastrous bombing by allied forces);
- Multiple great & picturesque lunchrooms along the tour. Take a break whenever you feel like it;
- Interesting shops with local goods and vintage antiques along the route;
- See old houses from the 1920’s and brand new cutting edge floating homes;
- Hear about the residents and chilling history of Amsterdam North on the actual sites where events took place;
- Optional: visit the street art museum (entrance fee not included, discount with City Card);
- Finish tour at NDSM-wharf with it’s famous grafitti artwork of Anne Frank.
Pick up your Yellow Bike in advance. It is easy to reserve a timeslot.
Where: This tour includes a bike to be picked up at Yellow Bike at Nieuwezijds Kolk 29. The digital tour will guide you there and back again. The tour covers a part of North Amsterdam.
Duration: 2 to 4 hours. A 4-hour bicycle rental is included as standard, which can easily be expanded. You can cycle this tour solo or with a small group. Includes: bicycle, smartphone holder, and access to the digital tour.
If you tour with a small group, it is of course possible that 1 or 2 participants buy the tour and the rest only rent a bicycle and cycle along.
No app is required, the tour is suitable for all smartphones.
Duration: Depending on your adventurousness, from 2 hours up to 4 hours! The route is short, but with lots of exploring to do. We recommend to depart Tue-Sun from 11:30AM for the best experience, when all locations are open.
Similar in Amsterdam
City Bike Tour Amsterdam
The Amsterdam Syndicate City Escape Game
Sherlock Holmes Murder Mystery City Game
Kleine Tour Amsterdam
ZOYO Travel DMC
Tours & Tickets - Amsterdam City Tour
Jordaan Tour by bike
Westelijke eilanden walk - Gilde Amsterdam
Amsterdam Introduction Walking Tour
Arrangements Amsterdam Yellow Bike