Salaries in Amsterdam
While salaries vary by industry, company and many other factors, the average starting salary of a university graduate in the Netherlands is € 2,632. This is € 500 higher than that of a college graduate.
Average starting salaries by industry:
Legal sector between € 2,500 and € 2,800 gross per month.
Economic sector between € 2,500 and € 2,800 gross per month.
Technology sector between € 2,200 and € 2,500 gross per month.
It may not come as a surprise, but students who studied dentistry start on a staggering € 5,900 per month in the Netherlands. Sign us up!
See average salaries for new graduates in more detail (website in Dutch).
Facts about job prospects in Amsterdam
- There are more than 2000 international companies.
- 475 international headquarters are based in Amsterdam.
- 12% of total job listings are in English.
- Amsterdam has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe
- There is increasing demand for highly skilled international workers
- Of all international students to have graduated in 2008, 2009 and 2010, many still live in the Netherlands five years after graduation: 42%, 38% and 36% respectively. Their employment levels and salaries are the same as those of their Dutch contemporaries.