Get professional help finding a job in Amsterdam
Between job search engines and personal networking, there’s a lot you can do to find a new position on your own. However, contacting a recruitment agency is still a good idea, as they help fill many vacancies at local companies. They’re often the first to know about new roles and can put you in touch with the right people and provide insider advice to help you prepare for an interview. Finding work in Amsterdam – helpful tips
Finding work in the Amsterdam Area – helpful tips
Larger employment agencies in Amsterdam tend to cover multiple industries, but smaller agencies often specialise in something like finance, tech or engineering, so don’t overlook them.
While submitting a CV or creating a profile can often be done online, don't forget to reach out. Calling or visiting an agency’s office can help you make a good impression while letting the team know what you’re looking for in your next role.
IN Amsterdam partners for job seekers
- Aquent: a leading creative, digital and marketing recruitment agency.
- Carrière Coach Café: an initiative to connect people from different backgrounds who can learn from each other for career success.
- EURES: a cooperation network offering recruitment services and providing information and advice as well as job searching through the European Job Mobility Portal.
- Every Mother Knows: a career coaching and talent development initiative providing job search assistance and career development programmes to help mothers return to work or make the next step in their careers.
- Holland Employment Experts: a recognised IND sponsor, they provide contracts, payroll solutions and guide highly skilled migrants in the Netherlands.
- In2motivation: this service offers training on mindset, motivation and communication for both individuals and companies
- KIT Intercultural Professionals: a coaching service centering on integrating people from different culture into the local labour market.
- Ravecruitment: an Amsterdam-based agency, providing payroll, relocation and recruitment solutions.
- Undutchables Recruitment Agency: Pioneers in the recruitment of international business sector personnel in the Netherlands.
- IamExpat: a community-driven, online media platform providing resources for the local needs of all English-speaking internationals currently residing in the Netherlands including careers, education, housing, and more.
- Your Talent Agency: a recruitment agency with access to a global talent pool of 30 million candidates specializing in sourcing, recruiting and relocating talent from all over the world.
Follow this link for a list of all IN Amsterdam partners, including recruitment agencies.
Golden rules for applications via recruitment agencies
Here are some golden rules to remember once you make the decision to work with a job agency:
- Make sure you have an up-to-date CV in English which fully reflects your skills, education, work experience and personal profile. Try to keep it as succinct and relevant as possible.
- Always include a cover letter with your job application and customise it for each role, explaining why you’d be a great match for the opening.
- Follow up if you haven't heard back within three to five days.
- Stay flexible and be ready to attend interviews as opportunities emerge, but try to remain patient while your agent searches for the right job.
- Keep your agent informed of any personal developments which might affect the work they are doing on your behalf.
Recruitment agencies and online databases
- Hays: As one of the largest recruitment specialists in the world, Hays places qualified candidates in permanent, temporary and contract roles across numerous industries.
- Michael Page International: Global recruiters for interim and permanent roles in finance, banking and financial services, consultancy and project management, sales and marketing, IT, legal, tax, engineering and manufacturing, HR, procurement and supply chain and healthcare and life sciences.
- MJ People: Specialised in the recruitment of hospitality professionals at the management and executive level. Having worked in the industry for years themselves, they have extensive knowledge of the market and are able to offer personal service.
- Page Personnel: Specialists in recruitment and interim solutions for starters, middle management and operational vacancies in finance and accounting, secretarial and management support, sales and marketing and sales administration and supply chain.
- Randstad Multilingual Recruitment: Specialises in the recruitment of multilingual candidates for a variety of roles and industries.
- Unique Multilingual Amsterdam: Recruiters of professional staff with diverse language skills, they specialise in administrative, commercial, financial and secretarial roles.
- Walters People: Specialists in the recruitment of temporary and permanent financial positions and business support roles in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht.
- Adams Multilingual Recruitment: Specialises in matching multilingual and near-native English speakers with job opportunities in the Netherlands.
- Expatica Jobs: a resource with detailed guides on working in the Netherlands as well as a job board.
- Monsterboard: an online job board centered on the Dutch labour market.
- Together Abroad: a multilingual job board and a career coach service offering expat spouse / partner support and outplacement assistance.