Extract from the Municipal Personal Records Database

Everyone living in the Netherlands needs to be registered with their municipality. In some occasions, for example to enrol at university or to buy a property, you may need an ‘extract’ (uitreksel) from the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP). This is a statement from the municipality containing your personal details as recorded in the municipal records.

If you are a highly skilled migrant your employer will arrange this for you, but otherwise you need to do this yourself.

Copy from the Department of Civil Affairs

Municipal records from the Civil Registry contain data relating to important events, such as birth, marriage and death. Certificates are drawn up of these events. If you need a copy or summary of a certificate, for example if you have married or had a child in the Netherlands and need to register this in your native country, you can get either a copy of the certificate, which will contain all the particulars listed on the certificate, or an extract, which contains only a summary. Read more about requesting marriage, birth and death certificates.

Further information

If you require further information, call the city information number 14 020 (Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 18:00).