Extract from the Personal Records Database

Everyone living in the Netherlands needs to be registered with their municipality. In some occasions, for example to enrol at university or to buy a property, you may need an ‘extract’ (uitreksel) from the Personal Records Database (BRP). This is a statement from the municipality containing your personal details as recorded in the municipal records.

Copy from the Department of Civil Affairs

Municipal records from the Civil Registry contain data relating to important events, such as birth, marriage and death. Certificates are drawn up for these events. If you need a copy or summary of a certificate, for example if you have married or had a child in the Netherlands and need to register this in your native country, you can get either a copy of the certificate, which will contain all the particulars listed on the certificate, or an extract, which contains only a summary. Read more about requesting marriage, birth and death certificates.