Summer is here and that can only mean one thing: it’s barbecue season! Amsterdam’s parks offer the perfect backdrop for an afternoon of sizzling food. But before you head out, check the map of Amsterdam parks that shows where you should and shouldn’t barbecue.
In which Amsterdam parks can you safely barbecue?
Whether you’re the type that prepares dozens of different marinades and salads and brings a state-of-the-art barbecue complete with hickory smoke chips, or someone that just heads out with a few sausages and a bottle of wine, Amsterdam’s parks offer plenty of space for all parties. But to prevent overcrowding or damage to the natural habitat, it’s important to check which parks permit BBQing, which have dedicated BBQ areas and which parks could potentially see you in bother if you break the rules.
BBQ map of Amsterdam
This BBQ map by the City of Amsterdam shows you where and where not to take your grill.
There are some other rules to follow when heading out for a barbecue:
- Don’t put the barbecue directly on the grass.
- Only use the barbecue for yourself – selling food is not permitted.
- Take all litter with you.
- The barbecue must be stable and secure.
- Disposable barbecues are not permitted.
- Don’t use white spirit or other flammable liquids.
- Ensure you have sufficient extinguishing devices with you – these must be ready for use. This could be buckets of water or carbon dioxide extinguishers (minimum size: six kilos).
- After the barbecue, make sure the coals are extinguished and cover everything with a layer of sand or soil.
- Always follow instructions from the fire services, police or other authorities.
- Additional rules apply per district.