Swiss-Dutch FinTech trade mission
The innovative programme will give 12 Dutch startups and companies the chance to immerse themselves in Switzerland’s FinTech and cybersecurity ecosystem. The mission will take place from 14 to 16 March 2017 in Zurich and Geneva.
Each location will have roughly six investors for B2B matchmaking sessions, and they will be matched with the startups according to their preference.
Participants will have opportunities to meet Switzerland’s successful tech companies and top investors. There will also be invaluable resources to help the companies build a network to expand into Switzerland. Participating organisations include Switzerland Global Enterprise, Swisscom, Fusion, Niederer Kraft & Frey and Kickstart Accelerator.
On 14 March, participants will attend:
- a special welcome reception with the Dutch Ambassador.
- a keynote speech with trade representatives from Canada and Korea, as well as with senior staff in banking and insurance.
On 15 March in Zurich, the programme includes:
- FinTech Initiatives in Switzerland – an overview of the many initiatives that support FinTech companies in Switzerland, and how to access the market from abroad.
- B2B matchmaking sessions with corpoates.
- An open community event, including pitches from the Dutch and Swiss startups.
On 16 March in Geneva, the startups and businesses will attend:
- The FinTech Train Ride – a train journey from Zurich to Geneva that will give attendees the chance to informally meet participating investors.
- Fusion Pitching – a programme that will see participants engaging with Swiss FinTech accelerator Fusion and its partners.
- Closing Event – organised by the State of Geneva, an open community event at which two Swiss and four Dutch startups will be pitching.