Last edited: 14-07-2021
On 26 June 2021 almost all COVID-19 restrictions were lifted. All locations are open and all events are permitted with 1.5 metres distancing.
All events held in public venues, such as hospitality venues and conference centres, are permitted:
- At locations where people have an assigned seat, the maximum number of people is equal to the maximum number of seats available with 1.5-metre distancing
- At locations where people move around, the maximum number of visitors is 1 per 5 square metres. From 30 June, other events that require a permit may be held subject to conditions
- If a coronavirus entry pass system is used, people do not have to stay 1.5 metres apart and locations may open at full capacity.
As always, everyone must follow the basic measures against coronavirus:
- If you have symptoms, get tested as soon as possible and stay at home
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people
- Good hygiene: don’t shake hands with other people, wash your hands often, cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Face masks are required in situations where 1.5 metres distancing is impossible. This includes: public transport, on aeroplanes and other forms of passenger transport, at stations and airports, and in secondary schools.
For a complete overview of the measures, visit government.nl.
Travelling to the Netherlands
Visitors travelling from countries on the Dutch government's "safe list" are welcome in the Netherlands. Some travellers will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result when travelling to the Netherlands and quarantine on arrival. Visit government.nl for more details on specific countries and exemptions.
People travelling abroad from the Netherlands in July and August can get tested for free.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Your health and that of fellow travellers is important to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Read these instructions before your travels, check Schiphol.nl for the latest information about flights to Amsterdam, and always visit your airline’s website to confirm any additional rules that may apply.
Getting around in Amsterdam
Allow for extra journey time - that way, if a bus or train is too crowded, you can wait and take the next one. People aged 13 and older must wear a non-medical face mask on public transport. This applies to train (NS), bus, metro, tram and ferry services (GVB) and taxis (TCA). Taxis can be booked in advance. However, hailing is still possible.
Hosting meetings and events is allowed subject to some restrictions. For information on how to host a safe meeting, click on the examples below that show how venues in Amsterdam are doing everything they can to make you feel safe and welcome:
Find the right venue for your meeting, conference or convention by using our Venue Finder.
Hotels (accommodation and meeting facilities)
Hotels in Amsterdam are welcoming guests. They follow government measures and guidelines and are committed to offering a safe and comfortable stay. Check hotel websites for availability and any specific procedures.
Check out the overview of our partnered hotels or see below how these hotels are ready to welcome guests:
- Sofitel Legend the Grand
- Hyatt Regency Amsterdam
- Dutch Design Hotel Artemis
- InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Novotel Amsterdam city & Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City
- NH Hotel Group
- Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
- Leonardo Royal Hotel Amsterdam
- Apollo Vinkeveen
- Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel & Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
- Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Pestana Amsterdam Riverside
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Park Plaza Hotel
Is Amsterdam ready to host my event or meeting?
Yes! Just like you, we can't wait to restart and help you host your next meeting or congress in Amsterdam. But, safety is key. Find out how Amsterdam is getting ready for safe events.
Get inspired: innovative events and hybrid meetings
You can organise a unique, safe and fruitful meeting, conference or event in Amsterdam while some measures remain. Many of Amsterdam’s meeting and congress venues have already hosted impactful events during the pandemic, including events with live audiences as well as innovative hybrid meetings. Read their stories and get inspired.