Building Better Business (BBB) is a collaboration of Amsterdam Impact, the City of Amsterdam’s impact entrepreneurship initiative, B Lab Benelux, and Economy for the Common Good. This new programme aims to help companies put social and environmental impact at the core of their business. There are two different track options for the BBB progamme — Economy for the Common Good (ECG) and B Corp. Both tracks will help your business become an agent for change and will provide the foundation for later certification, if you decide to take that step.
- Access to the combined networks of Amsterdam Impact, B Lab, and ECG.
- An inspiring and collaborative environment in which you can exchange knowledge with like-minded companies.
- For those who choose B Corp track: Four in-depth B Corp modules spread across 13 weeks between May and October 2021, covering topics such as the B Impact Assessment and Impact Business Models.
- For those who choose the ECG track: an ECG crash course in June, followed by a two-part process to prepare for certification between September 2021 and January 2022.
The introduction event and programme tracks are free of charge. The first 15 companies per track that certify within 12 months after completing the BBB programme get a voucher of €500 to be used for certification costs, which vary by business size and certification programme.
- Get support and guidance to transition from a mainly profit-based company into an impact-driven business that pioneers change
- Define and accelerate your organisation’s impact goals
- Access the right tools for gaining a certification that verifies your social and environmental performance
- Take significant strides towards creating a future-proof business that can attract impact-driven talent, investment, and partnerships
- Your company is based in the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area and registered at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Your business has a staff of 10+ employees and has been operating for at least 1 year.
- One or more members of your senior management can attend the entirety of your chosen track and lead the certification process.
The B Corp track to certification focuses solely on for-profit businesses. B Lab’s global movement is organised geographically by B Corp communities in 71 countries.
The ECG track to certification is available to anyone, including for-profit businesses, nonprofits, educational institutions, and cities. Its global movement is organised by thematic hubs and chapters.
An initiative and four-year programme by the City of Amsterdam to support and strengthen the ecosystem for all impact enterprises – from social enterprises to socially responsible businesses – that create both financial and social value. The programme also pays special attention to enterprises that improve the quality of life in Amsterdam’s neighbourhoods.
Part of the European B Corp movement. Today, 150+ Benelux B Corps represent a community of leaders, driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
An economic model and global movement, which makes the Common Good – a good life for everyone on a healthy planet – its primary goal and purpose.
A consultancy firm that strives towards a more sustainable and inclusive future by empowering innovators and building strong ecosystems for change together with SMEs, corporates and governmental organisations.