Opportunities for interns
Did you know that there are more than 500 European and global headquarters in the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area? In addition, Dutch companies are among the world's most internationally minded businesses, meaning there is a large pool of potential employers that you can make an impression on. Find out more on the Study in Holland website.
Remember that many companies are willing to take on enthusiastic interns, but don’t necessarily advertise the positions. It is well worth getting in touch with companies that you would like to work for one day – in any case, they will be impressed with your initiative.
Find out about Orientation Year permits for recent graduates.
Internships at the City of Amsterdam
The City of Amsterdam (Gemeente Amsterdam) has plenty of opportunities for interns. In fact, over 1,800 students a year undertake internships at the organisation. International internships are typically in departments such as spatial planning and sustainability, city archiving and economics, and every intern is assigned to a mentor and programme that matches their educational background. Find out about applying on our Internship Office Amsterdam page.
Start your search
These agencies specialise in connecting interns with companies and can help you to get a foot in the door.
- Graduateland - jobs and internships specifically targeted towards recent graduates
- Stagemotor - an interning recruitment company based in the Netherlands (in Dutch)
- Stage Plaza - the biggest interning job board in the Netherlands (in Dutch)
- Europlacement - a search engine for internships and graduate positions across Europe
- Anyintern - an English website that collates listings for internships
- Magnet.me - a job search site, including internships and trainee opportunities