Canadian and Dutch business leaders will discuss investment opportunities in Canada
On Wednesday 29 November 2017, the Embassy of Canada to the Netherlands will bring together business development executives from Canada’s major cities – Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, London, Hamilton, Waterloo, Toronto, Montreal and Québec City – and the provinces of Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan, to meet with Dutch business leaders for informative discussions on Canada’s unique investment opportunities in innovative sectors. The event will be held at the Adam Tower’s Tolhuis Tuin, Amsterdam.
Discussions will include CETA, investment opportunities and government-support programmes
This exclusive, invitation-only event will feature distinguished Canadian speakers who will discuss Canada’s economy and its openness to trade, and focus on business opportunities and advantages of CETA (the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement), the EU’s new free-trade agreement with Canada. Topics also include Canada’s competitive advantages and capabilities, and the investment opportunities in its innovative clusters, as well as the government-support programmes available for Dutch investors. Dutch business executives will also be invited to share their experiences of investing in Canada.
You can only book one-on-one meetings for one or more private discussions with representatives from the Canadian cities and provinces via online registration. Participation is free, but registration is obligatory. Upon confirmation, you will receive the outline of the full programme and details of the Canadian delegation prior to the event.
The event's preliminary agenda is as follows.
- 09:30: Registration and Networking
- 10:00: B2B Investment Matchmaking Session 1: Canadian cities & provinces with Dutch companies
- 11:00: Plenary session with presentations followed by a networking lunch
- 14:00: B2B Investment Matchmaking Session 2: Canadian cities & provinces with Dutch companies
- 17:30: End of the event
Speakers and talks at the session will include:
- Opening remarks by Sabine Nölke, Ambassador of Canada to the Netherlands
- Welcoming remarks by Pamela Goldsmith-Jones, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of International Trade
- Keynote address by Craig Alexander, Senior VP and Chief Economist, Conference Board of Canada
- Presentation by Martha Crago, Vice-Principal, Research and Innovation, McGill University
- Albert De Luca, Tax Partner and National Leader of the Global R&D/ Government Incentives group, Deloitte Canada
Booking and registration
For more information, and to register online for the session or book one-on-one meetings, go to www.ccca-amsterdam.nl.