It is possible to apply for this vacancy until October 30, 2020. Later submissions are not guaranteed to be included in the hiring process.
- Creating and updating content for (international) visitors and (international) residents.
- Maintaining a good balance in the content’s topics, pointing out new or lesser-known sights and attractions in a creative and enticing way.
- Working together with sales and account management, our locations, the convention office and product developers.
- Improving content and the customer journey as a whole, based on current events, city affairs, as well as statistics, research and data.
- Developing strategies with the senior editor and marketing team to improve service, involvement and conversion, and incorporating these in ideas for content.
- Matching content to other content on the website, on our social media channels and in our printed publications. Together with the colleagues responsible for these channels, you will make sure information is distributed as efficiently and consistently as possible.
- Improving the way content and products reach our target groups, together with conversion and UX specialists, the City Card team and product developers.
- Creating and managing the content for the convention office, which is responsible for conventions and (business) events.
- Interested in the city and the region, and its visitor economy. You know where to go and where to find the new or yet undiscovered spots in the city.
- Up to date on politics and current events, international trends, city affairs, and are capable of handling any sensitivities regarding these subjects in a positive way.
- Organised and effective when it comes to creating and managing attractive content.
- Able to combine commercial opportunities, hospitality and service, and information to ensure a positive reputation of the city, the area and our organisation.
- Familiar with and aware of the specific needs of visitors, from different backgrounds, visiting the city for leisure or business.
- Skilled in CRO and experienced in customer journeys and how to improve them.
- Experienced with digital systems, such as content management systems.
- Native (or fluent) English speaker (British preferred)
- Proficient in Dutch
- CMS experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience as a web editor, text and image/video production
- Experience with Google Analytics, Hotjar or other analytics tools
- Knowledge of customer journeys, CRO and social media
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in the heart of your favourite city and contribute to its success
- Flexible working hours
- A full-time job (38 hours a week; 32 hours or more is negotiable)
- A salary of €2,296 to €2,550 per month (based on a 38-hour contract)
- Budget and time for training and personal growth
- The I amsterdam City Card for free visits to every major cultural venue in town
Want to be our new Web Editor? Please apply here.
Want to know more about the job? Please contact Wendy van Loenen, HR executive, on email@example.com.
An introduction to our company
amsterdam&partners, a public-private non-profit foundation, is the city marketing organisation for the Amsterdam Area. We serve as a guide for residents, companies, start-ups, new talent, conferences and (international) visitors. We aim to contribute to a sustainable and prosperous city. Our office (with a stunning view) is located on the banks of the IJ river, and we also have an I amsterdam Store (at Amsterdam Central Station) and two visitor centres (opposite Amsterdam Central Station and at Schiphol Airport).
Our organisation is made up of nearly 100 employees, all of whom are passionate about Amsterdam. We have an open culture and an informal working atmosphere, with plenty of opportunity to develop your talents. Creativity, enthusiasm, open communication, collaboration, involvement and responsibility are keywords at amsterdam&partners.
If you would like to know more about our organisation, please visit our website: iamsterdam.com.