It is possible to apply for this vacancy until October 30, 2020. Later submissions are not guaranteed to be included in the hiring process.
- Managing the English-language social media channels of I amsterdam (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube). You will plan, produce and publish content (text, images, video) and the corresponding handles, hashtags and links.
- Creating content for (international) residents, visitors, businesses, stakeholders (advertisers) and others (both in the Netherlands and abroad) about a wide range of topics relevant to these audiences, in the appropriate form and on the right platform.
- Working together with the editorial team on content ideas and content planning. Together with the senior online and print editors and the marketing department you will strive to create consistent and coherent content across the different channels, while sharing experiences and insights.
- Developing and implementing a social media content strategy for our different audiences, based on insights, research and data.
- Implementing the content strategy in a brand book, with formats, tactics and standards, while developing new ideas.
- Guiding and briefing your team.
- An experienced social media editor and are knowledgeable in the specifics of each platform and each audience.
- Flexible and can quickly respond to current events and the needs of our organisation.
- Able to deliver the right message for the right audience on the right channel.
- Interested in Amsterdam and the region and can relate to our different target groups.
- Creative and resourceful when it comes to handling the needs of the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Skilled in working on social media strategies.
- Motivated and eager to expand our social media reach using all your previous experience.
- Able to translate existing content into social media posts, and produce new stories.
- Skilled in improving and extending social media channels based on data and research, using customer journeys, UX and insights into our audiences’ needs and behaviour.
- Critical and enthusiastic about social media, marketing and communication.
- Native (or fluent) English speaker (British preferred)
- Proficient in Dutch
- 3 to 6 years’ experience as a social media editor
- Knowledge of social advertising
- Experience with (workflow) systems: Social Studio, Analytics, Salesforce, Meltwater, Hootsuite
- Experience with research and data tools: Google Analytics, Hotjar and others
- Knowledge of customer journeys, CRO and social media
- Managing, coaching and guiding your team and colleagues
- Strong teamwork skills
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in the heart of your favourite city and contribute to its succes
- Flexible working hours
- A full-time job (38 hours per week; 32 hours or more is negotiable)
- A salary of €2,584 to €3,000 per month (based on a 38-hour contract)
- Budget and time for training and personal growth
- A work mobile phone
- The I amsterdam City Card for free visits to every major cultural venue in town
An introduction to our company
amsterdam&partners, a public-private non-profit foundation, is the city marketing organisation for the Amsterdam Area. We serve as a guide for residents, companies, start-ups, new talent, conferences and (international) visitors. We aim to contribute to a sustainable and prosperous city. Our office (with a stunning view) is located on the banks of the IJ river, and we also have an I amsterdam Store (at Amsterdam Central Station) and two visitor centres (opposite Amsterdam Central Station and at Schiphol Airport).
Our organisation is made up of nearly 100 employees, all of whom are passionate about Amsterdam. We have an open culture and an informal working atmosphere, with plenty of opportunity to develop your talents. Creativity, enthusiasm, open communication, collaboration, involvement and responsibility are keywords at amsterdam&partners
If you would like to know more about our organisation, please visit our website: iamsterdam.com