Iamsterdam is the most important source of information and inspiration for international visitors and international residents. For our brand, we are looking for a creative and enthusiastic intern who is responsible for writing and managing content on Iamsterdam.com (EN).
Your tasks and responsibilities
During your internship your tasks include updating the cultural and musical agenda, writing weekend guides and listicles, translating stories and conducting interviews with inspiring Amsterdammers. You will also be able to write (small) copy for our social media accounts on Facebook (+1 million followers), Instagram (+250.000 followers) and YouTube.
We expect that you...
- ... have an above-average to a perfect understanding of the English language
- ... are trained in the fields of media, communication, journalism or tourism
- ... can write about new and/or lesser-known places and sights in a creative, enthusiastic way
- ... are always looking for new places in Amsterdam (museums, restaurants, concept shops, etc.)
- ... know what is going on in politics and current affairs, international trends, events in the city and the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area
- ... can empathize with visitors from all over the world: their cultural background, their specific needs, whether they are visiting the city for leisure or business
- ... are not afraid of a large amount of content and you know how to keep it organized
- ... are good at dealing with various digital systems and can get the most out of any content management system
- ... are interested in Google Analytics, Hotjar and/or other analysis tools
What can you expect from our company?
We are happy to offer young media talent an opportunity to really participate in an editorial team and thus gain relevant work experience. Our editorial team is always ready to provide daily training in the fields of creative writing, data analysis and photography. Personal attention, daily coaching and providing challenges are always our top priority.
We are an employer that gives you a lot of freedom in the way you work. For example, we think flexible working hours are important - especially now. Working from home, or within cultural institutions or cafes/bars is simply encouraged. As an intern at Iamsterdam you also get the possibility to visit new exhibitions, music events and attractions for free regularly.
As an intern, you will receive the I amsterdam crew card, which gives you free or discounted access to almost all Amsterdam museums and attractions and an internship fee of € 340, based on a full-time internship week (38 hours).
How to apply
Do you want to contribute to the promotion of Amsterdam and Amsterdam Metropolitan Area? And, are you ready to explore the city with your camera, notepad and laptop and become Amsterdam's biggest insider? Send an email with your CV and motivation to Steven Strijbosch, email@example.com.
In the past, we have worked intensively with, for example, the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences. Students of the Media, Information and Communication / Creative Business degree program are very welcome to apply for this internship.