A canteen with a history
Housed in the Marcanti Building, the name ‘Marktkantine’ is a nod to the building’s former function. Constructed in 1936, the building served as a canteen for the wholesale traders who work at the market next door. After falling into disuse as a canteen, it housed everything from a concert hall to a night club before remaining empty for years. Now, it’s well-loved once again in this current but temporary incarnation until 2019.