Highlights of SAIL Amsterdam 2015
- SAIL-In parade – From IJmuiden to Amsterdam – 19 August
- Fireworks – SAIL Experience – 19-22 August at 22:30
- Classical Waves – SAIL Music Marina – 19 August
- SAIL Rocks – SAIL Music Marina – 20 August
- SAIL Loves Holland – SAIL Music Marina – 21 August
- Amsterdam Maker Festival – NDSM Wharf – 21-23 August
- Pirates of the Caribbean in Concert – SAIL Music Marina – 22 August
- SAIL Thank You parade – Departing Amsterdam – 23 August
Oceans at SAIL Amsterdam
The activities of SAIL Amsterdam 2015 will take place throughout the city, stretching from the NDSM Wharf along to KNSM-eiland, touching many key locations in between. Some districts and neighbourhoods have been assigned a colour code for SAIL and will each play home to themed events and special activities.
- Orange Ocean: the Tall Ships are moored in the Oranjehaven (IJhaven). The ships can be entered from the quayside, and, of course, they may be admired from the water as well. As per tradition, each evening concludes with a breath-taking fireworks display. For 2015 you'll also find the SAIL Music Marina here.
- Red Ocean: the cultural centre of SAIL is fittingly spread across Amsterdam’s city centre with its many picturesque canals. SAIL Amsterdam 2015 is collaborating with various museums, organisations and businesses in the city centre to host special activities.
- Green Ocean: based around the NDSM Wharf in Amsterdam Noord, the Green Ocean is all about renewal and sustainability, showcasing new technologies, ideas and vessels for the future.
- White Ocean: the White Ocean occupies the area around the Tolhuistuin and EYE Filmmuseum, playing host to the Northwave Festival. Take a breather from all the on-the-water action with food, live music and great views across the River IJ.
- Blue Ocean: caters specifically to the business sector by hosting special events in and around the National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum).
Click here to view a map of central Amsterdam showing the SAIL Oceans (in Dutch).
To learn more about the daily programmes taking place on and around the River IJ, check out the official SAIL Amsterdam event programme.