The first SAIL was in 1975. Forty years later in 2015, more than 600 ships sailed into the North Sea Canal to moor in Amsterdam’s IJhaven. With the SAIL Amsterdam Foundation always trying to outdo itself, the 2020 event promises to be the best yet.
For a taste taste of what's to come in 2020, browse the below list of events that made SAIL 2015 such a big splash. Check back here for the new itinerary as the celebration nears.
Highlights of SAIL Amsterdam 2015
- SAIL-In parade – From IJmuiden to Amsterdam – 19 August
- Fireworks – SAIL Experience – 19-22 August at 22:30
- Classical Waves – SAIL Music Marina – 19 August
- SAIL Rocks – SAIL Music Marina – 20 August
- SAIL Loves Holland – SAIL Music Marina – 21 August
- Amsterdam Maker Festival – NDSM Wharf – 21-23 August
- Pirates of the Caribbean in Concert – SAIL Music Marina – 22 August
- SAIL Thank You parade – Departing Amsterdam – 23 August