Accessibility in Amsterdam during SAIL
Click the map above or download the PDF directly.
Key points access to areas from 19-23 August 2015
- It is not advisable to drive into the city centre during SAIL – particularly the SAIL Amsterdam event areas, which will have limited or no access for vehicles.
- If driving to Amsterdam, consider using the dedicated P+R locations around the periphery of the city. These offer excellent public transport connections with the city centre.
- If driving from east to west or from west to east, instead of travelling across the city centre, use the A10 Ring.
- To ease pedestrian flows at the end of major events, extra shuttle buses will operate between Rietlandpark and Amsterdam Central Station.
- Tram 10 will terminate at the Mauritskade / Tropenmuseum, instead of Azartplein.
- Tram 26 will operate a normal service.
- Buses 48 and 65 will operate over slightly revised routes.
As well as planning your activities during SAIL Amsterdam, make your travel plans in advance. Make use of public transport websites and apps such the NS Journey Planner and 9292 in order to choose the best route to the event areas.
Keep yourself and your belongings safe
SAIL Amsterdam is a large-scale event that attracts millions of visitors into the heart of the city. Expect a family-friendly affair with a fantastic atmosphere at all of the main event areas. But please keep in mind that large events can result in pedestrian and traffic congestion, so always follow the latest advice from event personnel or digital signs at entrances and exits. Also remember to keep your belongings in a safe place and beware of pickpockets. Learn more about how to avoid problems, as well as useful contact telephone numbers if you are targeted by a pickpocket.