Tet Roetman, biologist and author
Since publishing her book 'Flowers in Amsterdam Zuidoost - Rich flora in the public spaces of a large suburb' (Bloemen in Amsterdam Zuidoost - Rijke flora in de openbare ruimte van een grote voorstad) Tet Roetman has produced 17 booklets with plant walking routes around Amsterdam Zuidoost. These smaller A5 plant guides cover different green areas, and are easy to carry in your pocket.
The 15-20 page plant guides feature a list of species, a map and photos of the landscape, trees, shrubs, herbs and grasses that can be found in winter, spring and summer. The booklets describe the route and demonstrate the beauty, diversity and usefulness of plants, and the 'richness' of the flora that surrounds you in Amsterdam Zuidoost. What's more, they're free!
- 10:30-12:00 - Plant walk (starting point Metrostation Gaasperplas)
- 14:00-15:30 - Plant walk (starting point Metrostation Gaasperplas)
- Programme subject to change. Please note that capacity is limited
- Registration: Registration is required for this activity
- Language: Dutch
- Minimum age: Suitable for all ages
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Price: Free entrance