- 10:00-18:00 – Exhibition My ritual at the Tropenmuseum Pop-Up
Giving and receiving gifts is a key part of meeting in many cultures. These gifts often have a special social, spiritual or economic value that communicates a special message or meaning. Receiving a gift means an obligation: caring for the relationship. So giving gifts is a way to grow connections between people and get to know each other better. You can experience this cycle at 24H Oost
- 11:00-16:00 – Baking bread workshops (every half an hour from 11:00 to 14:00; duration approximately half an hour; last workshop 14:00-14:30)
Bake pita bread and a small loaf. After baking, participants visit the My Ritual exhibition in the Tropenmuseum Pop-Up (see above), where the home-made loaves are given to anyone who wants to join in
- 14:30-14:45 – Reading at the Tropenmuseum Pop-Up
Curator Oceanië Wonu Veys talks about the culture of giving using an item from the Tropenmuseum collection.
- You must sign up for the workshops. Limited capacity, full = full!
- Reservation: it's not possible to sign up anymore, this activity is FULL!!
- Language: Dutch
- Minimum age: suitable for all ages
- Duration: approx. one hour
- Price: all workshops and activities are free