Playground Association Monnickendam
For 50 years Playground Association Monnickendam has been committed to encouraging outdoor playing in the summer in a safe and green environment in the heart of the centre of old Monnickendam. It is a beautiful spot where children up to the age of 8 can play, with a sun terrace for parents. It is also a great place for children´s parties. Since 2013 there are also mini/golf courses for young and old to enjoy.
Thanks to its many volunteers and the involvement of more than 500 members, everyone, resident and visitor, can enjoy the good atmosphere and extensive facilities.
• The playground consists of two sections:?
- One section for the little ones with swings, sandpit, climbing frame and slide. Safe and accessible.?
- The second is challenging and varied for bigger children up to 8 years old. It includes a sturdy climbing frame, with slides, climbing wall, nets and horizontal bars to swing on. For real livewires there are trampolines and a cable car.
• A wide range of food and drink is also available there. From a toasted sandwich to cappuccino and from ice cream to a bag of sweets or crisps - take your pick, and at affordable prices.
• The miniature golf course: there are 12 competition courses of 6.25 m long. For just € 2.50 + deposit you get a ball, club and scoreboard and you can play. Children under the age of six may only play under supervision.
• A children’s party, a fun get-together outside and cosy at the same time: there are various packages available with or without miniature golf.
• The playground is also accessible to groups of children on a school outing. Ask for information about the prices.
• The playground is also completely wheelchair accessible. Everything designed for that and the toilets have also been updated and adapted.