The fort lies on the southern ring dike of De Beemster polder. The North Holland Canal runs behind the fort and the dike. Until the closure the fort had the defense of the access leading to it (the Jisperweg.) In 1918 in used as a military house fora bout 20 detainees, other than conscientious objectors, of the Council of War. Other detainees were locked up in the Fort Nekkerweg or Fort Spijkerboor. From the ring dike, the access road runs to the neck end of the fort. The fort guard’s house and the iron storage shed are no longer present.