The church has a remarkable altar, stained glass windows and an 1890 organ, with main work, swell and pedal made by the Brothers Franssen of Roermond.

Prior to 1879, services were held in clandestine churches. At the time there were four of these clandestine churches in De Beemster. One of them, café De Kerckhaen, stands next to the current church.