Het huis met de Neuzen (the house with the noses)

Located at Singel 116, the House with the Noses dates back to 1752. The top of the gable is adorned with three male heads, each with an enormous nose. The story goes that friends of the owner offered to pay for the ornamentation as a gift, provided that it would feature the heads of the owner and his two sons. They apparently appreciated this type of humour, because the enormous noses still decorate the facade.