History
The church is a focal point in the village. In the 11th century there was already a chapel on the site of the present church; it was lost in 1573 in an attack by Spanish troops. In 1624 a new church was built, which was almost completely destroyed by fire in 1714. It was not until 1877 that the next church was built. That building is still there; it was renovated in 2004.

Services
Celebrations are on Sunday at 10:00 o’clock.

Extra
The Catharina Foundation – Work Group Church and Culture Zuiderwoude is responsible for the cultural happenings in and from the church. Various gatherings, exhibitions or concerts are organized by the Catharina Foundation.