Dutch Reformed Church (Keijserkerk)
Three years after the reclamation, the polder committee, then largely consisting of prominent Amsterdammers, suggested to the building master, Hendrick de Keyser, that he design a church for De Beemster. A new building form was chosen for the new polder, a rectangular hall church in renaissance style.
In 1618 building started on the church in Middenbeemster. It is one of the earliest examples of protestant church construction in Holland in the traditional length pattern. After the tower completed in 1621, the church could be consecrated on 30th July, 1623. The design was from Hendrick de Keyser, assisted by his contractor, Cornelisz Danckerts.
In 1625 two rooms were built on each side of the tower, the current vestry and the boiler room. The slender tower could also serve as a watchtower in case of (fire) hazard. In 2012 the new extension on the south side was realized.