Welcome, pleased to meet youMy name is Simone Spakman. Welcoming guests, making them feel at home, and connected, having them experience something special: this is what makes me tick. And that’s why I love my work as a local guide and event manager. Most of the time I work at Bind, the creative living room of the Hembrug, Zaandam
Local Guide (ANVR certified)In 2008, after 10 years living in Amsterdam, I settled in Zaandam as a new resident. For me the Zaan region, only 15 minutes north of Amsterdam, was still (quite) unknown. In the meantime I got to know this beautiful region well. And now that I myself am so enthusiastic, as a local guide I like to let others discover the Zaan region.
Besides travelling, I have a passion for industrial and cultural heritage for many years. For me it’s mainly the stories that give character to an ‘old’ building, monument or area. Those special stories inspire me, stay with me and I like to share them.
When I travel myself, I love locals taking me around the area off the beaten path, sharing stories about un- and well known places and letting me experience the local hospitality and products. So, I would like to invite you to discover Zaandam, the Hembrug area, the Zaanse Schans and authentic Zaanse villages together. By foot, bike or boat. See you soon!
Event managerAre you looking for an experience and event producer who:
- can help think about the concept and contents of an experience, tour or interactive event (online, live or hybrid);
- is acquainted with special (heritage) locations and professional event partners in The Netherlands;
- can offer fun activities in the Amsterdam / Zaan region;
- can co-create with you the concept, organisation and realisation of a tailor-made experience, tour or event or;
- can support you with the organisation and realisation, so you can focus fully on your guests/customers?