Duration: full day
- Take a train from Amsterdam Central Station to Lelystad Centrum (platform 10a, 38 mins), then bus 3 to Batavialand (Batavia Stad stop, less than 10 mins). Discover the history of the reclamation of Flevoland, Holland’s youngest province, through fascinating presentations and exhibitions.
- Next to the museum is a replica of the Dutch East India Company (VOC) ship Batavia. You can also visit the exhibition and take a guided tour.
- Batavia Stad Amsterdam Fashion Outlet, a five-minute walk from Batavia Yard. This premium outlet centre is home to more than 100 stores, relaxed cafés and restaurants. Choose from international fashion brands such as Hugo Boss, Nike and Michael Kors, always with 30-70% additional savings on high-street prices. A special luxury bus runs once per day from Bus Parking de Ruijterkade Oost - Amsterdam River Cruise Port directly to Batavia Stad Amsterdam Fashion Outlet (departs 10:00, returns 16:00) and costs only €5 for the round-trip.
- If you’re the more adventurous type, head out to the Aviodrome Lelystad and learn all about modern aviation. Nowhere else in the world can you see and experience aeroplanes of so many different types. Test your knowledge of aeroplane trivia, look inside a Boeing 747 or visit the 4D theatre or museum. You can even watch planes taking off from and landing at Lelystad Airport from a lookout point.
- If you have time, the airport itself also offers private sightseeing flights over Flevoland, Holland’s youngest province. See for yourself why the Dutch are masters of land reclamation and water management.