Pieter Litjens studied Political Science at the University of Amsterdam, specialising in International Relations and International Law. After completing his studies, he worked for three years at the employers’ organisation VNO-NCW (Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers) in The Hague.
From 1999, he was the political assistant of Pauline Krikke, alderperson for Economic Affairs and Employment in Amsterdam. Litjens has been a member of the VVD (People's Party for Freedom and Democracy) since secondary school.
From 2002 to 2007, Litjens formed part of the Executive Committee for the District of Zuidoost, where he, amongst other things, held the portfolios for Finance, Management and Environment. In 2007, he was appointed Mayor of Aalsmeer. In this post he was also portfolio holder for Finance and responsible for preparing the administrative merger of the municipalities of Amstelveen and Aalsmeer.
At the start of the Rutte II cabinet in 2012, Litjens took office as a member of parliament. In the House of Representatives he was spokesperson for Interior and Nature, exchanging this latter portfolio for Spatial Planning.
Pieter Litjens is married and has three children.
Mr. Pieter Litjens
Born on 17 May 1968 in Utrecht
- Political Science, University of Amsterdam
Administrative and political experience
- 2012 - 2014: Member of the House of Representatives (VVD)
- 2007 - 2012: Mayor of Aalsmeer
- 2002 - 2007: Member of the Executive Committee for the District of Zuidoost
- 1999 - 2002: Political Assistant for the alderperson for Economic Affairs, City of Amsterdam
- Member of the committee for advising Hospice Bardo
To contact Alderperson Pieter Litjens, complete the contact form or call the general number on 020-552 2042.