New salary requirement for highly skilled migrants
The new salary requirement for qualifying as a highly skilled migrant, valid from 1 January 2016, are published by the IND.
- Highly skilled migrants of 30 years and older: €4,240 gross per month excl. holiday allowance.
- Highly skilled migrants younger than 30 years: €3,108 gross per month excl. holiday allowance.
- International graduates who started working as a highly-skilled migrant during their orientation year: €2,228 gross per month excl. holiday allowance
Guide to hiring graduates
Following on from last month's article about the Orientation Year scheme and the advantages of hiring international graduates, we would like to point you towards the EP-Nuffic toolkit, a handy guide for employers who are considering hiring a recent international graduate. The toolkit provides answers to basic questions and guidelines that cover the required steps when hiring an international graduate.
Colombians can now travel visa-free to the European Union
As of 3 December 2015, Colombian citizens can travel to the European Union without the prerequisite of holding a Schengen visa. The new short-stay visa waiver entitles Colombians to stay in the EU for up to 90 days in any 180-day period. This visa-free travel policy applies to all Colombian citizens for any travel purposes (tourism, family visits, business and naturally also job interviews). It goes without saying that the new short-stay visa waiver will undoubtedly facilitate present and future business relations between the Netherlands and Colombia. For further information visit the IND website.
Holiday opening times
The Expatcenter will be closed on the following days:
- 24 December – Christmas Eve
- 25 December – Christmas Day
- 31 December – New Year’s Eve
- 1 January – New Year’s Day
The Expatcenter would like to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season! Thank you for another great year of working together. As ever, we are extremely grateful for your trust in the Expatcenter's services and are looking forward to continuing working with you in 2016!