Join our welcome event for newcomers to the Amsterdam Area on 21 September and learn about housing, work, education, healthcare, language learning and much more. You’ll receive a whole host of tips and tricks that will inform you and help you settle into the region quickly. What’s more, the webinar is followed by two special in-person events which will introduce you to Amsterdam culture and help you make new friends.
A warm welcome to the Amsterdam Area
Whether you’ve just landed in the Netherlands or you’ve been finding your way in the Amsterdam Area for a bit longer, join us to learn about a whole host of topics that will help you settle in and make the most of your life here.
- Welcome by IN Amsterdam
- Welcome by ACCESS – social aspects of settling in the Amsterdam Area
- Dutch language and culture – but in a fun way (by Boom Chicago)
- Interactive Q&A with IN Amsterdam: Lifestyle and living environment in the Amsterdam Area:
- Rentals and housing: tenant support (by !WOON)
- Dual Careers: 3 steps to enter the job market
- Education: options for children with an international background
- Healthcare system in the Netherlands
- Social and practical tips and finding international communities
When: Tuesday, 21 September 2021
Where: Online via Microsoft Teams. You will receive a meeting link in the week of the event.
Optional: Guided tour of ARTZUID with IN Amsterdam
It’s been a while since we could bring people together in person, so we are especially delighted to be co-hosting in-person events on 25 & 28 September. Thus, as well as the online event, you are hereby invited to join us at ARTZUID 2021 for a guided tour of the renowned Amsterdam Sculpture Biennale.
Inspired by the theme of ‘Imagine’, ARTZUID presents more than 50 sculptures which focus on the dream of a better world. The walking route moves through the district of Amsterdam Zuid and is approximately 5 km long. Children are welcome to join. And drinks at the end of the route are on us.
Of course, attendance of a guided tour is optional – simply tick the box to choose a date when signing up for the welcome event so we know how many people to expect.
Saturday 25 September – 15:00
Tuesday 28 September – 17:00