Thanksgiving dinners in Amsterdam
This year, American Thanksgiving falls on Thursday, 28 November, and if you’re thinking of celebrating the holiday with a big traditional feast, read on for our list of events offering Thanksgiving fare with all the trimmings. Alternatively, Amsterdam also has plenty of places to stock up on all you need if you’re planning to celebrate the holiday at home. Reservations are required and we recommend getting in early.
- George Amsterdam is rolling out an indulgent dinner including lobster and sweet corn chowder, turkey with all the trimmings and a pumpkin and pecan pie (reservations required 48-hours prior). If you’d prefer to entertain at home, the restaurant will let you take the credit for their large spit-roasted turkeys (which feed 8-10 people), and are available to collect on the day – order before 26 November.
- Wyers is serving an artisanal version of a festive feast with its family-style menu featuring roast turkey breast, a brioche stuffing, pumpkin cheesecake, pecan tarts and red velvet cake.
- Seasons restaurant presents four nights of Thanksgiving with dinners running from 27 until 30 November. The four-course menu includes a choice of soups, starters like blackberry, beet and goat cheese salad, mains such as smoked turkey with cornbread stuffing, decadent side dishes and chef’s special dessert including pumpkin pie.
- Louisiana Lobster Shack in Haarlem recreates classic turkey with stuffing and gravy, sweet potato casserole and eggnog.
- Amsterdam’s own New York Brunch Bar Staring at Jacob is hosting a Thanksgiving dinner buffet. Guests are greeted with a glass of eggnog on arrival and treated to roast turkey with wild mushroom gravy, Brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce and homemade pie.
- The Hard Rock Cafe is shaking up the traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings, serving theirs alongside an espresso martini.
- Renowned for their rotisserie chicken, Bar Carter in Amsterdam's Oud-Zuid will turn their expertise to turkey for a lavish Thanksgiving celebration with all your favourites.
- The Thanksgiving dinner at Café Belcampo in Amsterdam West is the perfect setting for a traditional Thanksgiving gathering. Turkey, a vegetarian main dish, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, sweet potatoes and corn are provided, and guests are asked to bring a starter or dessert to share.
- Specialists in smoking birds, Frank’s Smoke House can certainly be relied upon for getting the turkey right. The Franksgiving feast with live music takes place on 1 December. Come along for a leisurely Sunday lunch complete with turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mushrooms, wild rice, and a dessert buffet.
If you’d prefer to whip up your own feast at home, check our tips on where to buy Thanksgiving ingredients and kitchen supplies in Amsterdam. Also make sure you’re prepared for the festive season with our guide to spending Christmas away from home.