Around 50,000 participants are expected for the race between Amsterdam and Zaandam and related events; there will be some road closures and a number of buses will be diverted. The starting point for the main race is on Prins Hendrikkade by Amsterdam Central Station.
Road closures and disruptions
The IJ tunnel and the Prins Hendrikkade will be closed between 7.00 and 17.30 on Sunday, 22 September. The Waterlooplein and the Doelensluis will be closed off in the direction of Rokin/Damrak between 7:00 and 17:30, meaning there will be no access to Amsterdam’s centre via these roads. A number of other roads will be closed for short periods.
The bus station on the IJ side of Amsterdam Central Station will be closed and the following bus lines will be on diversion from early in the morning until around 16:00:
- Bus 18 – Slotervaart-Centraal Station, both directions
- Bus 21 – Geuzenveld-Centraal Station, both directions
- Bus 22 – Muiderpoortstation-Station Sloterdijk, both directions
- Bus 35 – Olof Palmeplein-Molenwijk, both directions
- Bus 36 – Station Sloterdijk-Buikslotermeerplein, both directions
- Bus 48 – Houthavens-Borneo Eiland, both directions
- Bus 291 – Centraal Station-Nieuwendam, both directions
- Bus 293 – Centraal Station-Molenwijk, both directions