An easier way to enjoy Amsterdam
- Step 1: Select a City Card that suits your trip
- Step 2: Order your City Card
- Step 3: Enjoy free entry and great savings in Amsterdam
Quite simply, the I amsterdam City Card is the smartest and most affordable way to explore Amsterdam. It has been tailor-made for visitors to the city, helping you to get the most out of your trip. Just choose from a 24, 48, 72 or 96 - hour card and visit as many attractions as you like within that timeframe.
Step 2: Order your City Card
There are now three easy ways to receive your I amsterdam City Card - so you can choose the most convenient option for you.
The simplest way is to order your City Card online and have it delivered to your home address. Home delivery takes a maximum of ten business days, no matter where in the world you are. We deliver worldwide with DHL, though please be aware that delivery costs will vary depending on your location and the number of City Cards ordered. A free magazine and city map is included with your order.
Pick up on arrival
Order your card online and pick up on arrival in Amsterdam. After completing the online booking process, you will receive a confirmation email. Print this out and present it at one of the pick-up locations to receive the I amsterdam City Card (you are required to pick up your card in person). You can collect your pre-purchased card at the following three locations:
- Amsterdam Central Station: I amsterdam Store, on the North side of the station. Open Monday - Wednesday: 08:00 - 19:00, Thursday - Saturday: 8:00 - 20:00, Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol: I amsterdam Visitor Information Centre Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Arrivals Hall 2: Holland Tourist Information. Open daily from 07:00 to 22:00.
- Amsterdam Central Station: I amsterdam Visitor Information Centre at Stationsplein 10 (opposite the main station entrance) Open Monday - Sunday: 09:00 - 17:00.
Purchase on arrival
You can also purchase your I amsterdam City Card upon arrival in Amsterdam at one of the many sales locations in the city.
Note: If you’re ordering multiple cards online, only one name is required at checkout.
Step 3: Enjoy free entry and great savings in Amsterdam
With the City Card you get free entry to the best museums and attractions, unlimited use of GVB public transport in Amsterdam, great discounts, free giveaways and special offers. Take the card with you wherever you go, and you’ll be surprised at just how much money you’ll save!
The museums element of your card is automatically activated the first time you visit a museum or attraction. The public transport element is automatically activated the first time you use a tram, bus or metro in Amsterdam. The card is valid until the end of the year. Once activated, each element remains valid for 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours, depending on your card.
Tip: The Van Gogh Museum can be quite busy, book your required time slot in advance.
Information & help desk
If you have any questions regarding your I amsterdam City Card, please see our frequently asked questions. If your question is not covered by our FAQs you can:
- Visit the I amsterdam Visitor Information Centres across Amsterdam Central Station (Stationsplein 10)
- Visit Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Arrivals 2 at Schiphol Plaza
- Visit the I amsterdam Store at the northside of Amsterdam Central Station