Helping startups expand into France
We at StartupAmsterdam have teamed up with Amsterdam Trade, Paris & Co and the Dutch Embassy in Paris – all to help some of Amsterdam's brightest creative startups make it in France and Paris. Thanks to invaluable insights from experts, peers and lead users, participating startups will learn everything they need to know for a successful soft landing in the region.
The introductory programme boasts the following:
- Informative workshops on soft landing in Paris and France, featuring advice on legal, recruitment and financial practices.
- Unmissable networking opportunities – including one-on-one meetings – with launching customers, as well as organisations in the fashion, design, creative and cultural sectors.
- A network event that is part of the City of Amsterdam’s arts and culture mission.
- Sessions on key topics such as business development, marketing, PR and pinning down cultural differences.
- Investor pitching opportunities.
- Trips to a selection of Paris’ key startup hubs, accelerators and incubators.
What’s included in the bootcamp?
The bootcamp is happening on 8 and 9 February 2018. During the two-day programme, StartupAmsterdam and Amsterdam Trade will cover the costs for one person per startup, including organisational costs and meals during the bootcamp. All other costs are covered by the participants, including travel expenses, transportation, overnight stay and meals outside of the programme's agenda.
The following is included during the two-day bootcamp:
- A fully customised business development programme for Paris; this includes meetings with high-profile business leaders in the city’s fashion, design and creative industry.
- Valuable information about distribution channels, including e-commerce, buys, agencies and more.
- Meetings with legal and recruitment services.
- Knowledge-packed introductions to European VCs (fashion and creative based).
We’re looking for innovative – and, preferably, Amsterdam-based – startups active in the fashion, design, creative or cultural sectors that are actively looking to expand into the French market. Naturally, the participating startups must already have a product/market fit and positive metrics in both growth and conversion.
Does your startup tick all these boxes? If so, what are you waiting for? Complete the application form now! The deadline’s 10 January 2018.
The chosen startups will be notified via email around 15 January 2018. The jury will be made up of informed representatives from StartupAmsterdam and Amsterdam Trade.
For more information about the bootcamp, please don’t hesitate to contact Amsterdam Trade’s Annemarie Satink at [email protected] or StartupAmsterdam’s international relations lead, Daniel Tserepnin, at [email protected].