IN Amsterdam marketing and communication internship
We’re looking for a marketing, communication and PR pro with exceptional organisational skills for a four-month internship (October 2017 until March 2018). You must be available for at least three days a week for IN Amsterdam activities, making possible to combine the position with study and/or research.
IN Amsterdam (formerly Expatcenter Amsterdam) – the city’s one-stop-shop service for highly skilled migrants, international entrepreneurs, scientific researchers and international graduates – is looking for an intern to help with the design, planning and implementation of Open Amsterdam. The programme aims to help businesses attract international talent to the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area – and retain it – by making the city even more appealing.
During this internship, you will – among other tasks – be working on:
- Preparing and implementing a marketing strategy and plan for all the results of the Open Amsterdam programme (specific themes include housing, healthcare, education and work).
- Working with the dedicated project leaders assigned to the various themes, to help develop the strategy.
- Co-develop and co-organise the programme for the annual Open Amsterdam event – held in January 2018 – together with the IN Amsterdam communication adviser.
IN Amsterdam is a dynamic organisation, so it is important that you:
- are a student at an international university with a good command of English (written and spoken);
- have strong marketing, communication and PR skills – as well as experience with international target groups;
- are enthusiastic and innovative with an international ‘can- and will-do mentality’.
What we can offer you
You will have the opportunity to work with enthusiastic, intelligent colleagues in a dynamic setting. You will also get access to a broad international network in the Amsterdam region. Each assignment brings a new challenge that will help you utilise your current skills and learn new ones. Of course, you will also receive an internship fee that conforms to the regulation of the municipality of Amsterdam.
IN Amsterdam’s department and team
IN Amsterdam is a partnership between the municipalities of Amsterdam, Amstelveen, Haarlemmermeer, Almere, Hilversum, Velsen, Haarlem and Diemen, the Immigration and Naturalisation Service and the Tax and Customs Authority. IN Amsterdam offers integrated services for international professionals from one central location, contributing to the improvement of the international business development climate and economic growth in the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area (AMA).
In addition to its single-location function for offering services, IN Amsterdam has expanded its responsibilities to remove obstacles in the business development climate. Thanks to all of IN Amsterdam’s connections with the international community (academic research) and international companies via amsterdam inbusiness, a vast amount of knowledge has been gathered on the obstacles facing international talent in the Amsterdam region.
How to apply
Email your CV and cover letter (In English!) to [email protected], including the subject line ‘internship marketing and communications for international talent’. The deadline is 15 September 2017, and interviews will be held (via Skype) during the week of 20 September.