StartupAmsterdam communication internship
We are looking for a communication stunner with exceptional organisational skills for a three- to four-month internship (March 2017 until the end of July 2017). You must available three days a week for the StartupAmsterdam Corporate Network activities, making it possible to combine the position with study and/or research.
StartupAmsterdam, the the City of Amsterdam's action programme to evolve Amsterdam as a startup city, are looking for an intern for the StartupAmsterdam Corporate Network.
The StartupAmsterdam Corporate Network is one of the main components of StartupAmsterdam's action programme. It aims to actively involve corporates with the local startup ecosystem by encouraging them to partner with events and initiatives, stimulating collaboration with startups and facilitating peer-to-peer learning about startup-corporate collaboration.
During this internship you will – among other tasks – be working on:
- Thinking about the communication strategy of this recently launched network as well as executing the strategy; for example, planning blog posts, press releases and social media posts, and creating the monthly partner newsletter. Together we will discuss what is necessary, what your interests are and what will be picked up by our other communication colleagues.
- The StartupAmsterdam Corporate Network website is a beta version and needs to be filled with more content. The back-end of the website is built on Wordpress, so you will manage and maintain the site, building new pages where necessary. It is your responsibility to ensure there are as many service providers and projects as possible added to the website, with the right information. You are able to execute tactics that generate more traffic to the website, regularly reporting the outcome to our Head of Partnerships.
- Organising the StartupAmsterdam Corporate Network event that will take place on the 6 April 2017 at B.Amsterdam. You will take part in generating content and coordinating activities. You will manage all the contacts with speakers, participants and logistic partners.
- Providing hands-on assistance to our Head of Partnerships, such as: preparations and follow-ups to meetings (including possible participation during these meetings), and managing the database with corporate contacts.
No day looks the same when you are working at StartupAmsterdam. Our action programme consists of 15 measures that are owned by different people, each one open and willing to help one another out when necessary.
What we are asking for
StartupAmsterdam is a dynamic organisation, so it is important that you:
- are flexible and able to work independently;
- manage to keep an overview and can handle stressful situations;
- are able to communicate and write in English and Dutch;
- are a self-starter and eager to learn;
- can work with Mailchimp, Wordpress and Buffer, or are motivated to learn how to work with these programs;
- are a social media native: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are second nature for you;
- are available for at least three days a week for the StartupAmsterdam Corporate Network activities.
What we can offer you
We offer you an internship in a dynamic setting, where proactivity is the most important skill. You can count on a pleasant work atmosphere and room for personal growth and deployment. You will receive an internship fee that conforms to the regulation of the municipality of Amsterdam. Preferably, we are looking for an intern that is available from the 1 March 2017 until the end of July. The exact dates will be discussed.
StartupAmsterdam's department and team
StartupAmsterdam is an action programme run by the Economic Affairs department of the City of Amsterdam. Our goal is to bring Amsterdam into the top three startup cities in Europe and to remain in that position. Our team consists of eight young professionals who work closely together with different parties, such as the municipality, multinationals, startup incubators and accelerators, and – of course – with the startups themselves.
If you have any questions about this internship, please contact Anja Wesbuer.
How to apply
Email your CV and motivation letter (in English!) to Anja Wesbuer.